Sunday 24 December 2017

Christmas Bongo

Christmas Bongo

Hurray, I have my Bongo back in time for the Christmas holidays!  It originally went to the garage because it wasn't starting well in the cold weather - a whole week and a not inconsiderable sum of money later - it is back and starting really well.  Success!

So today I opened up the roof to give it some air, cleaned the floor and brought the bedding indoors as I don't think I shall be sleeping in it for a while and I didn't want it to get too damp.

Then I took it out for a nice run:

I went to Levington Marina which is not far, but always interesting for a good walk and some birds to look at.

Looking over the marina to the River Orwell

I walked through the woods to Loompit Lake which holds a large colony of Cormorants.  On the way I saw a nice flock of Long-tailed Tits, and there were lots of Redshanks feeding on the edge of the water with a solitary Avocet.



Loompit Lake

I had hoped for perhaps a Great Northern Diver to be hanging about out on the river, but not today.  There have been a few around this winter.  


Looking back to the Marina and the woods.

Not much more to be seen here apart from a Little Egret and a single Brent Goose, so I returned to my van and made a cup of tea - just because I could!  Love my van - looking forward to lots of interesting trips further afield in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment